Friday, December 22, 2023

Silent Night

 I think this was my favorite card to make this season.








To make this card I begin with stamping the song "Silent Night" on white paper.






Next I take a piece of Vellum paper










I buy vellum in sheets of 10. You can purchase it at Hobby Lobby, Michael's or online.









I use the baby Jesus stamp putting VersaMark ink on the stamp and stamping on the vellum paper.










You can see the light print of the stamp on the vellum paper.








Next I cover the paper with silver embossing powder.





















Using the heat gun to melt the embossing powder.






I always like to decorate the outside of the envelope so I stamp the envelope and emboss with silver embossing powder.










Here are all the pieces of  this card. The card base is on the left. Now to assemble all the pieces together.








I attach the largest black paper to the card base first.




























I put together the next to pieces of paper. 









Next I add the paper with music.









Next comes the vellum that I lay on top. I have adhesive in areas where it is stamped to help hide the adhesive. That is the down side to using vellum is almost every adhesive you use shows through the paper.







The final step is to add this trio of papers to the card base.







Now to stamp the sentiment inside the card. I place the stamp where I want the sentiment to be.

















Even though the lid has grid lines, it is still hard to tell if the stamp will be straight so I use a piece of plastic for a trial run of placement.









Good thing I practiced as the stamp wasn't completely straight!







I readjust the stamp and am much happier with this placement.










Final steps are to stamp the back with my business name and the other stamp is for the stamps that I used in making the card.






When I make cards to personally give to people I will put the month and year the card was created under my name.









The finished card and matching envelope.

This card can be found at The Market at 76067 along with other cards by Light in My Pathway.

The Market at 76067 is located at 100 South Oak Ave in historic downtown Mineral Wells.

If you don't see what you want at The Market contact me by email at lightinmypathway@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment