Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Start to Finish "Joy" Card

Embossing is one of my favorite card making techniques. There are two types of embossing. "Dry"embossing and "wet" embossing. "Dry" embossing is imprinting a design in something. "Wet" embossing uses powder and heat creating a raised affect.

This blog will feature "wet" embossing technique.







I prepare the paper for embossing by using a "Embossing Buddy" a little pouch with powder that removes any static keeping the embossing powder only on the places ink is applied. 





Next  I place the stamp on the paper where I want it. This little device that the paper and stamp is on is a must have in my opinion if you do a lot of stamping. I will close the clear lid on the left and the stamp will stick. (The silver bar with blue tape is a magnet. The base is magnetic and this helps hold the paper in place for stamping a perfect image.



Next I apply VersaMark ink which is a translucent sticky ink that will allow the embossing powder to adhere to the image.





If you look closely you can see the image and sentiment.


















The gray tray is for catching the powder so I can put any loose back in the container.

I am using gold embossing powder for this card.







I pour the embossing powder over the stamped image and shake the paper to cover all the areas with ink.








I am ready to apply heat. That is where the magic is!



























Now to apply the embossed card front to the gold background paper using adhesive.








Finished card with matching envelope.

You can find this card








and this card at The Market at 76067 in historic downtown Mineral Wells. 

You can also contact me at lightinmypathway@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment